Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Hahahaha.

Eating well?

What?

I'm supposed to be eating well? And making good choices about food?

You mean the Triple Play Sampler (Ribs, chicken tenders, fried shrimp, and fries) from Ruby Tuesday's WASN'T a good choice? What are you implying? That the blizzard from Dairy Queen wasn't the best option I had?

What are you SAYING? I should respect myself enough to treat my body to healthy food, instead of junk that slows my body down?

Are you crazy? That's so hard for me!

I mean, when I eat right, I do have an easier time making positive choices. But boy, when I slip... it just gets harder and harder to get back to where I was.

So what do you suggest to help me get back? I need some motivators. I mean, the fact that I need to lose weight to someday have a healthy pregnancy, that I need to lose weight to not get diabetes, that someday I want to look cute in clothes... for some reason these things are not convincing me.

Who wants to bet the inevitable gain on the scale will motivate me?

5 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

This may sound silly, but what about this? When I was a teenager, I cut out the body of a woman in a magazine who had a body I wanted. I put a photo of MY Head on the body and put it on my mirror and saw it every day - I imagined how happy I was with this body, how proud I felt, how gorgeous I was - and it seemed to work.

Mom2the6Rs said...

Paige, you have to be willing to ask yourself some deep questions...Why do I eat these things at Ruby Tuesdays? Do I really enjoy the taste so much? Is it something deeper? Self sabatoge, self hate, no self respect? What is the deep thing?

Jules

Amy Witt said...

I know for me it is all about emotional/stress eating. It was not until I realized what the source of the overeating was that I got to the place I could begin to let GOd be in control instead of me. It is only through HIS help and support that I make each meal glorifying to Him. I know that sounds silly but this weight is keeping me from being my best for Him and only He can get me through it. I drop to my knees (sometimes figuratively and sometimes literally) and pour it all at the throne of grace.

SueAnne said...

Paige,
I agree with Jules about the deep questions. It is so much more than eating. For me, I stopped asking God just to change me and deliver me (although this still is my hearts desire) and had to realize that our sovereign and wonderful King actually allowed this struggle to show Himself to me. For the first time in twenty years, I finally EMBRACED the journey of this struggle to take me deeper into the heart of God. I also have to confess sin-not glutony so much, but covetness (I have some drop dead gorgeous friends who can eat whatever they want), and false idols (comfort food). I am saying good bye to them forever. Keep searching Paige:) There is hope:)
SueAnne

SueAnne said...

p.s. I am saying good bye to the comfort foods, not the friends!:)