Saturday, September 23, 2006

Victory!

Good morning Ladies! I know I will see a few of you later today, but I was so excited I needed to tell someone. As you know I have been a bit frustrated lately. It seemed no matter what I did, I wasn't losing any weight. I've been stuck at 221 for about 3 weeks. During this time the Lord was teaching me a lesson about perseverance. Learning to do what I know is right even through the disappointment and frustration. He was teaching me not to give up even when I felt so low. I think the most significant change I can see in me over these past few weeks is that I didn't binge, as I would have in the past. Instead, I went to the Lord in prayer asking what I needed to change so I could move forward. He showed me a few things I needed to do to tweak my diet and exercise plan to better fit my body makeup. Desperate to see change, I put those things into practice this week. When I weighed myself this morning I had lost 4 more pounds! Thank you Jesus! I know this might sound a little odd but I don't know if I have the words to express how grateful I am to be known by God and to know that the things in my life that concern me, is also a concern to him. Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend.

2 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Ah, Kimi, you've totally hit on the most precious thing..."God cares about things that I care about".

YES indeed. I am so glad. Sometimes I am hard on myself, thinking, "God is busy healing people with cancer, and restoring families torn by divorce, he doesn't care about my lil diet plan".

BUT HE DOES! That is indeed a precious thing. Let us take all our struggles to the Lord in prayer. He is anxious to answer.

Kristina said...

Sweet victory! YES, God does care about what seems like even the smallest of details. He knows our hearts, out desires, our weaknesses. I'm so happy for your victory this week! Doesn't that just give you the extra motivation to keep pressing on?

It was wonderful to see you yesterday. You look great. I can see a definite change since Phillips graduation party. : ) And then seeing you in you new bra... what a difference!

Keep up the good work girl! And in January, YOU"LL me modeling clothes for ME.