Saturday, September 02, 2006

I'm in NYC and back on track!

Hey ladies!
I have been living in Brooklyn for almost two weeks!! I can't hardly believe it has been that long! I just was hired on at a school in the Bronx on Thursday and school starts on Tuesday, so I've got a lot of work ahead of me this weekend. Thankfully we have Monday off for Labor day. I wasn't doing so hot when I left for Nyc and didn't so hot initially when I got here, but now I'm back on track. I did have french fries the day I got the job. I was STARVING that evening, cause I had only had like 300 calories over a 12 hour day and went over board at dinner. Oh well, that day is gone, and today is a new day! I joined the YMCA in town and if it'd stop raining I'll go work out this evening. It's gloomier here than Seattle! Go figure.
just thought I'd keep you all updated!
Keep up the good work ladies!
Mandi

4 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

So good to hear from you, my girl! I miss you terribly! But I am so proud of you and I am looking forward to seeing you melt away via the blog in the coming months. We will miss you at the Fall Frolic!

Love, Jules

SueAnne said...

Hey Mandi!
You can eat it, move it, and lose East Coast style! Way to go and best wishes! Good to hear from you.
SueAnne

Kristina said...

Mandi, SOOO good to hear how you're doing! I'm very excited for you about your new teaching position... Jules told me all about it. It sounds like there was some divine intervention happening there!

I think you should totally get your nose done too. I think it would suit you really well, you're so cute.

I'm glad you're "Back on track". In a stressful situation like you've been through with everything new, and the big move, I could see how it would be easy to just eat whatever.

We will totally miss you at the Fall Frolic, we miss you already as it is!

Love you,
Kristina

Glitzyguru said...

Thanks gang!
I really appreciate all the support this blog offers. I'm beginning to realize how important it is to have things that are familiar right now during this time of change. I'll write another blog for everybody to read. :)
glad you're here!
Love, mandi