Thursday, September 14, 2006

Checking in

Hello Ladies,
I've finished my first 6 weeks of eating better and exercise (9/11). I've lost 10 pounds but have been holding steady for weeks now (I haven't gained or lost any weight). I know this is journey for me is a marathon and not a sprint. So my sense of accompishment isn't just what the scale or the measuring tape says. Accompishment for me is also adding to or taking something from my habits or thought processes, that push me towards my end goal.

One accomplishment that I am proud of is the commitment to exercise I have gained over the past 6 weeks.

These are the areas I will work on over the next couple of weeks.

1. Cook on Friday nights instead of going out with hubby.
2. After my morning walk, do my ab exercises. I've been really inconsistent with that part of my work out routine.

Everyone have a great week and I will see you at the fall frolic.
Kimiko

6 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Wow, Kimi! Ten pounds in 6 weeks is fantastic! Remember, we set a goal of 1 lb. a week for you? You have surpassed that goal! You were hoping to have lost 8 lbs. by the Fall Frolic! Way to go! You have come so far since our visit...in every way. So proud of you, girl!

Jules

Mom2the6Rs said...

Is your ticker right? What is your current weight and I will change it.

Jules

kimiko said...

Thanks Jules, the ticker is right. Before I started the actual program I ate a lot and went up to 231. So when I started on August 1st I was heavier than what we put on the ticker when you were at my house. I have been at 221 for about 3 weeks now.

Kristina said...

Kimiko, ten pounds is alot! That is so great. : ) I hope you are not getting discouraged because you've stayed the same for the last few weeks. I have also. Our bodies seem to go through a lot of transitions.
As for how much you 've been working out... YOWZA! girl, you are putting most of us to shame. I'm really proud of you. Keep it up!
I'm looking forward to seeing you again next weekend. It will be loads of fun.

Kristina

Bickler3 said...

Good job Kimi !!

Tracy said...

10 pounds is great!! Slow and steady wins the race. I am realting to you the most as we started right around the same time and have lost close to the same. You are a great encouragement to me. I look forward to reading your posts so keep up the good work.