Wednesday, September 06, 2006

First day of school!

Hey ladies, (and blake apparently hee hee)
Yesterday was my first day of school at Bronx H.S. of Medical Science. I really like it there and the people I work with are really great and supportive. But most importantly, the kids rock! Of course they do, that's why I do this for a living; the kids always rock! :)
Ever since I got this postion last Thursday, I have been doing great on Prism, and have even had a couple days of almost not eating enough! So the stress has left the building. I'm spending a lot of time at starbucks, drinking sugar free tea latte's, yum! It's one of the familiar things I'm clinging to, that is for sure. I don't have internet at my place, so I finally gave in and signed up for monthly internet through starbucks supplier, t-mobile. It's really worth it, cause I come here after school gets out to work on stuff and unwind, it's really great.
So that is me in a nutt shell, so far so great! I just need to make some friends, then I'll be set! The teacher I work the most with (he's actually born and raised from Renton!) suggested starting a monday night football group, i'm like "hell yeah!". Watching football by yourself is depressing for some reason, and I really enjoy watching it. :)
Hope all is well with you ladies, I love reading how your doing!
Mandi

3 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

You sound so excited and stimulated in your new world. Way to keep up on the plan even when all around you has changed!

Keep it up girl!

Mom2the6Rs said...

So GREAT to hear from you, my girl! I so miss you, to bits! I have been thinking of you, and I told Blake all about your new school. I can't wait to talk to you again, soon.

Jules

Kristina said...

Mandi,
I can just invision you there at Starbucks, on the computer, sipping a sugar free latte'. : )

I'm so glad that you're keeping us posted on what's going on. And I'm so glad that everything's great for you thus far.

I totally think you should do a Monday night football thing too... I also share a love of football.

Hey, I'd love to have regular contact with you. Here's my email:
willemkristina@verizon.net

Also, if you do email me, I'll give my home address. I'm REALLY good about writing snail mail too. : )

Love you,
Kristina