Saturday, September 23, 2006

Marathon, not sprint

Hi ladies.
I haven't posted for a few reasons. One being ridiculous busy-ness, which isn't really a good excuse. The other is that I've been struggling a little. I'm still doing so-so eating, and exercising, but I'm not going at 100% anymore, to be honest. I'm getting tired of thinking about this all the time, and saying no all the time. I'm also tired of getting up early.

I haven't stopped. I just need some renewed motivation.

I do have a confession though. Last night I binged like I haven't binged in a long time. Mac and cheese, then I ate four poptarts (of the chocolate chip cookie dough variety). They must have been in the pantry from the last time my niece and nephew visited, and I was jonesing for something... well, rebellious to be honest. I felt gross after- kind of like I had, well, eaten four pop tarts.

Like I said, I need some renewed motivation. I'm going to have to reach inside of myself to find this.

That being said, I want to show a little of my progress:

Here's me last year at the NYC Buddy walk:
I weighed probably about 200 here? Maybe 210.












Here's me in January, when I was at my highest.
I weighed about 220 here.












Me at my friends wedding a few weeks ago:
I'm about 187 or so here.












To round out the narcissicm, a recent pic of me at this year's buddy walk:
That's me, my husband, and my nephew. I think maybe it's hard to tell in the not-s0-great pics, but I've lost 20-30 pounds since the last buddy walk. I wore the same pants- last year, they were really too tight, this year, really too baggy!























No mysteries here Jules!!
Have a great weekend everyone! :)

3 comments:

kimiko said...

Paige,
I am sorry you have hit a low point. We all do. DON'T GIVE UP! You have made tremendous progress. You need to get rid of those baggy pants and get something that fits and shows off your progress. Being able to throw out my old clothes feels so good to me! Then, putting on something that I couldn't wear before feels even better. Yesterday is gone. Get up brush off your knees and get refocused for today. You will make your goal. You WILL be the woman inside and out that you invision your self to be. You WILL NOT fail. I believe in you!
We all do.
Smiles,
Kimiko

Mom2the6Rs said...

Good to see you, Paige! I feel like I have truly "met" you now. You are looking fantastic, girl! You need to toss those baggy pants, girl and wear something that shows your immerging figure! We missed you yesterday at the Fall Frolic. Wish you lived closer.


Jules

SueAnne said...

You and me, rowing in the same boat baby! Find that new inspiration to get out of the plateau. If you DON'T have lows and plateaus, it is unusual (or you are Kristina). I, too am tiring of thinking about it all the time and saying no all the time. You are right. It is a marathon, not a sprint.
Being with everyone at the fall frolic yesterday really gave me knew hope. I am going to change and beef up my work out routine to push out of this plateau.
YOU CAN DO IT!!! We believe in you!
SueAnne