Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Tuesday Night

I still ate terrible last night but not as terrible as the night before. I did not get to the gym as a friend has a crisis at work and needed to talk (for 2 hours) on the phone. But, last night I had a divine intervention.

Here was my evening devotional:
A New Song
You are being led forth. You have crossed the Red Sea.
Your wilderness wanderings are nearly over. Behold I make all things new.
A new birth, a new heart, a new life, a new song.
Let this time be to you a time of renewal.
Cast away all that is dead. Truly live the Risen Life.
In mind and spirit turn out all that offends.
It is now Wednesday and I have already cleaned house and gotten things back in order. I am planning healthy meals. I will get to the gym at 4 so the twins can go to the kid's exercise class too. The laundry is almost caught up. I am headed to finish folding it.
The kids are getting to bed earlier and are better behaved and in better moods. I am getting more sleep. We had a furious thunder storm last night and today everything looks washed and new. I feel the same way.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It has stormed here every night for several in a row. I'm sorry that things are getting a little hectic, but I'm proud that you are making taking care of yourself a thought throughout your day.

~Jennifer said...

Today was a new day for me too. I planned my menu and went grocery shopping (after nearly a month of winging it, which is never great for my weight and is horrible for my checkbook). I noticed that my grocery cart looks different these days. There is actually more produce than processed packaged foods. A lot more. It's a good sign.

Kristina said...

Amy, you always challenge me to be more Christ like. I appreciate you, and I appreciate your honesty!

Love,
Kristina