Thursday, May 03, 2007

This month in the Minivan

This month has been a humdinger. I have continued to go to the Y which has been the redeeming part of the whole month. I earned 4604 Fit points which puts me in the 91st percentile. I'll take an A any day. I earned my "White Belt" which means I have more than 15000 points since Jan 1st. This is the good part of the month.

Were it not for all the fit points I would probably have gained a ton but as it is I have only gained 2 pounds since March.

My eating is out of control. I find myself planning to binge which is bad thing. Tonight I was plotting to go to Sonic and get Tater Tots. Instead, I went and got a big glass of H2O with lime and decided to tell you all about it. April is an emotional month for me but that is not reason to blow it. (To know about my April, read here and here.)

6pm on seems to be the worst time of the day. I do good at breakfast and lunch and then blow it after dinner time. I am going to try to drink more water in the evenings.

It is now May and swimsuit weather is just around the corner. The pool opened this past weekend and the boys have already had one dip. Shorts are next. The fresh food I love is starting to show up in the stores; cantaloupe, summer squash, green beans, okra, tomatoes, sweet corn, and sweet onions. We are almost done with school work. Come on SUMMER!!!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Great job on earning your first level at the Y! I'm very proud of you Amy!!

I, like you, am so ready for summer. I'm finding it difficult to stay on the academic path with my oldest son. I home school also.

My own eating has been a bit out of control this week as well. The week of my period I am soooo hungry. And it's easier to excuse ourselves for making poor choices at this time.

All we can do is take it one day at a time Amy. We, and by my saying "we", I mean ALL of us are fleshly creatures. And, but by the grace of God are we able to surrender our bad habits and thought patterns have Him transform us, to tbe just a little more like Him.

Love you girl.

Lisa said...

Amy, I can totally relate to the planned bingeing (La Madeleine!) and I'm sorry you're having such a rough go of it.

How about we meet up again sometime soon? Tea or the Y? Let me know.

Lisa

Melissa said...

So great to hear that you went for the water instead of the tots. I find that when I'm particularly tired or stressed, it's even harder for me to make the right choices.

One step at a time, and good for you for keeping up the exercise.