Tuesday, May 22, 2007

(Finally) weighing in

Sorry I've been MIA the past couple of weeks.

Two weeks ago, I had a gain of a pound, taking me up to 162.5. Then last week, I lost 2.5, taking me down to 160.

Yes, part of the reason I stayed away that week after my gain was shame and disappointment on my part. Which I shouldn't have had, because I knew that I was letting "life" get in the way (family problems, etc) and wasn't taking proper care of myself.

Even after over a year and a half on my weight-loss journey, I still fall sometimes. I think it helps keep me from getting too comfortable and complacent, and reminds me that this is something I'll have to deal with every meal, every day, for the rest of my life.

Here's to taking things one step at a time.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Oh Melissa. I'm so sorry that you felt shame over such a tiny amount! You are too severe upon yourself girl. I do understand though.

I've been on my own journey for almost 17 months, and I know that at times you just want to eat what you want to eat. It really is a decision for every meal, every day.

What you've accomplished already is HUGE! Way to go.

Chickadeeva said...

Melissa,

I am glad to see you post. I had just asked myself the other day where you were, and what you were up or DOWN to :-)

If I stayed away when I fluxed a pound or two, I'd well...never be here!

This journey isn't for days or weeks when we are kicking butt like Kris, but also when we are just getting over the german chocolate cake we ate from our husband's birthday.

Mom2the6Rs said...

Melissa, glad to see you back to posting. You are doing so terrific! I have lost momentum along the way, but you have kept the course. Good for you! I have been dancing around the 160-163 mark for several months now...just not pressing on into the 150's...It is frustrating, but I know it is from a real lack of determination on my part. Any advice for me, girl?

Jules

Lisa said...

Melissa, of everything you're doing, shame and disappointment should play no part. You have accomplished amazing things, and everyone here - whether we know you well or not - loves you and is pulling for you.