Sunday, May 20, 2007

I've started and I just can't stop!

I feel like I'm addicted to working out and drinking water. But it's like, I'm afraid if I stop, that I'll start gaining my weight back again. I let it creep back up to 191.5, (UGH!!). That's what I weighed ten days ago. And now, I'm back down to 181.5. I've already lost ten pounds. I want to surf this wave as long as I can, because I know it's only a matter of days before it radically slows down again.

What put me in high gear again was seeing a photo that someone took of me a couple of weeks ago at church. I remember thinking,'wow, I thought that I looked better than that'. And then I forced myself back onto the scale the next day. I then realized that I had to get serious about my food consumption once again. That I needed to bite the bullet and journal my food. As I recall, I was very grumpy about it the first couple of days.

Anyhow, I hope you all still love me. There's not been a lot of commenting happening lately. I have been working my behind off at the Y. Today was the fifth day in a row that I did a solid hour of cardio, so I've been working for it. I HAVE been working for it. I love you guys...

Saturday: 1,616 calories, 22 glasses of water, 1 hour of cardio/ burning 802 calories, and I lifted 44,200 pounds.

Sunday: 1,441 calories, 22 glasses of water, and 1 hour of cardio/ burning 853 calories. (My most yet!)

5 comments:

~Jennifer said...

I know you know this, but I'll say it anyway. We love you whether you work your behind off or whether you do your best impression of a slug watching soap operas all day. We love you whether you weigh 170, 270, 370 or whatever. Love doesn't depend on the number on the scale, and I know you know that, but I just wanted to say it because sometimes it helps to hear it.

You're doing great. It is completely normal for weight loss to slow down. It is completely normal and acceptable for you to have an adjustment period where your psyche and you muscles adjust to another size. You look great! Worry not. Enjoy your success, adjust to the new you, and keep moving forward.

Kristina said...

Thank you for your kind words Jennifer. : )
And I do realize that you guys love me, reguardless of what the scale says.
It's just that I really look to this blog for support. I thrive in this environment, with all of the encouragement you ladies provide.

Lisa said...

Comments or no, we do love you Kristina - and I for one am so proud of you that I could burst! (and I'm glad I'm not the only one who crept back up over the winter.) Keep up the good (hard) work - you are such an inspiration!

Mom2the6Rs said...

You are amazing. You are an inspiration to everyone on this blog, girl. We don't envy you the weight lost, and we KNOW that you have worked for it...we are stunned at your dedication and your determination to be your best and to do your best. Cheers to you for not "going back". We made this pact to each other to never go back...we got to keep it and you are truly leading the way.

Love to you, babes.
Jules

Lisa said...

Ummm, Jules? I know Kris worked to lose the weight, but I have to confess that I AM envious. It takes so much strength and resolve and enthusiasm to do what Kris has done and I'm a little jealous of the toughness she has to accomplish all of it. But Kris, I'm still rooting for you 100%.