Saturday, May 12, 2007

Thursday and Friday

Sorry for two days together. May busyness is getting to me!! Thursday was our last Community Bible Study for the year and we had a huge brunch. I am in leadership and had to make a breakfast casserole for the day. I made one with part Egg Beaters (for the color) and Egg whites. Turkey Bacon, WW bread and skim milk. It was delicious and good for you. I did eat one sweet bread but only one.

The rest of Thursday was a blurr as was Friday. I know I did not eat great but not bad either.

Today I am going to WRITE IT DOWN. I have my journal out and before it goes in, I write it down. Stay tuned tomorrow for an update. (I know you can't wait)

As soon as the child who stayed up till midnight is up, I am headed to the gym. Childcare 'till 1:00.

I think I have been being a bit (ok a big bit) of an oppositional child. "I can eat what I want, you can't tell me what to eat, I don't want my food to be restricted, I just want it." GOd has convicted me that this is just rebellion and He is right. I have been being rebellious. I need to turn myself, especially in the area of eating, over to His will for my life. Today, I am going to eat in His Will, not my own.

Just as I would not feed my children a diet of junk food and too many carbs, God will limit me in what I eat as a loving parent who wants what is best for his daughter. He is not punishing me by limiting what I eat. He is guiding me in my food choices and giving me what food is best for my body.

Thank you God for being my loving parent!!

Until tomorrow.
AMy

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Amy, I so hear you...

I have to choose DAILY to eat properly. Some days are easier than others. Some days I feel like I want to eat so many bad things. And every time, the days that I do eat like that, I regret it. Because I know that the Lord wants us to be in control. And I also know that it is taking away from all of my hard work that I've put forth over the past 15-16 months.