Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Reminder on the Spring Hurrah!


, originally uploaded by willemkristina@verizon.net.

We are meeting in eleven days, on Saturday May 26th at the Northgate Red Robin. At approximately 11:30 a.m., that is our usual time.
And Jennifer, it would be SO GREAT to meet you in person! You had mentioned possibly making it. I thought you lived far, far away. But maybe not so far after all?
We always have a wonderful time chatting over lunch, swapping our "fluffy" photos, and of course, shopping. Let's make an effort to have the biggest turn out yet!

5 comments:

~Jennifer said...

Well, it's about an hour to 2 hour drive (depending on traffic) and my training walk doesn't end till 11:00. I have to see if I can catch a different training walk that weekend. I hate to miss those because it's so much nicer to get 10 miles in with a group than to try to do it on my own.

Chickadeeva said...

Oh Jen - you totally need to get yourself a book on tape! That will help you do some of your walking training (if you have to do it alone, that is!)

I have a few lectures from The Teaching Company that I downloaded and I use them to help me push thru those monotonous things that inevitably need done.

~Jennifer said...

I've walked with books on tape, but I'm afraid I've become spoiled. You wouldn't believe how a 2 hour walk flies by when you are with a group of friends. In two weeks I'll be up to walking 10 miles (following my training schedule) Even the most engrossing book on tape won't keep that from feeling monotonous. I may be able to hook up with a different group over the weekend to get my long walks in, though, so I can make it on Saturday.

Chickadeeva said...

Ok, well I am a big geek and just ordered a thing on String Theory to push me thru - I am sure this is not a 'normal' thing :-)

~Jennifer said...

LOL! I think String theory is very interesting, but I like to hear about it on PBS with pretty pictures. ;-)