Friday, May 11, 2007

One day at a time

Here I am, reporting my journaling from yesterday like I said I would. Yesterday was the first time in a long time time that I actually recorded everything that I put in my mouth. I must say, I'm out of practice. But I did it, even though I didn't feel like it. So here's the stats:

1,700 calories, 14 glasses of water, and excersized. I ran 2.2 in the morning,( lots of hills!) And then I walked that same 2.2 with the boys early in the afternoon, to play at the park.

You know, I was a bit grumpy to be journaling again, because I have been allowing myself more treats lately... but not yesterday. When you take the time to see the calorie content, it really makes you think twice about popping it in your mouth. What my body needs is proper fuel, not a temporary sugar high. I opted for the sliced up sweet red peppers for a snack yesterday, instead of a bit of candy. And in making that right choice, I felt sooo good, so in control. And all of that water I know helped flush my system a bit. I'm down a solid two pounds from just yesterday. I'll weigh again tomorrow, for a better guage. I'm not too excited about the weight, yet, because I'd gained like 4 1/2 pounds over the last couple of weeks. I'm still a few away from what what my ticker says. : ( We'll see what the magic number says tomorrow. I'm going to be getting my van today, so YMCA, here I come!!

5 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

What was wrong with your van? You sure did a good job making up for the lack of Ymca time!

You kick Kris. You simply KICK.

Kristina said...

No applause, just throw money. We need it after $762.00 worth of van repairs. Yikes!

Thanks for your encouragment Elicia. : )

Chickadeeva said...

I did the math, and figured out that on days I'm babysitting, I'm walking about 2 and a half miles :-)

You are my inspiration.

Mom2the6Rs said...

So proud of you, Kristina. Honesty gives you power and control over all that rules you. Isn't it silly to allow a piece of candy to steal your joy???

You know what to do...and you are doing it. Remember, we made a pact, to NEVER go back!

Jules

Amy Witt said...

Good for you reporting. It has made a difference in how I do when I am honest with you all.

I am going to start today writing it down.

Way to not let the lack of wheels stop you!!!

AMy