Monday, May 21, 2007

Today is the first day of the rest of my life...

Me and the family at the Skokomish River

Today, my husband starts his new career as an investment representative or a financial advisor for Edward Jones. He begins the lengthy training process and we begin a whole new lifestyle. Many adjustments are up ahead for us...it is kind of like expecting a new baby, accept this time, Blake is the one pregnant! Ha! Please keep me and all of us in your prayers.


On another note, I am coming off of a family vacation that included me consuming foods that are not "legal". I am having to readjust to normal life again and I am anxious to get it started right. I have my treadmill and my blog and my Sunday (now turning to Thursday nights) Prism weight loss group to keep me in tune. I will journal. I will drink my water. I will purchase and consume veggies. I will avoid meandering through the kitchen in between meals and after the children are in bed. I will only drink alcohol in moderation. I will pray. I will slow my life down and enjoy the time I have with my children. I will keep my home running smoothly and happily with a heart of devotion. I will support my husband emotionally and all other ways as he wades into new waters. I will have grace available to myself through all of this "newness". I will love my own soul, my own body and my own mind without guilt or reservation and I will love those God has put into my life.


Well, there you have it! Happy Monday to you all...

Jules

3 comments:

Lisa said...

How scary and exciting and wonderful for you and your family, Jules! I love how dedicated you are to living the lifestyle of a skinny woman - you are truly an inspiration. And what a beautiful pic of you and the crew! It may be one of my favorites!

Kristina said...

I agree with Lisa, Jules... all of it.

I've missed you! I'm so glad that you're back in town.

BTW, you look great.

Love you,
Kristina

~Jennifer said...

That's a great picture! What a lovely spot.