Monday, May 07, 2007

Gearing Up for...?

Okay, ladies, big things are afoot! In addition to maintaining my recent weight loss and losing a little more (which will not be reflected on the ticker until I can verify it wasn't just because I was dehydrated), I have some potentially good things in the works.

I haven't been happy the last few (6-9) months and a lot of that has had to do with where I've been working. I feel underutilized, overpatronized, underpaid and unappreciated - a combination that has been more than enough to send me running for the chocolate. I've been praying that our heavenly father will point me in the direction of what he has planned for me since I'm pretty sure that this isn't it. As always, He is coming through for me and giving me some hope.

I'm (hopefully) headed into the final rounds of the interview process with a firm that I really like, and one that I think is a much better fit than where I am now. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

It's amazing, however, how a little hope affects my weight. I gained back 11 pounds because I was unhappy and couldn't seem to lose it. A few weeks of courting and being courted by this firm and I drop nearly 7 of it seemingly by magic. I know that this doesn't bode well for my future success - after all, life isn't always bunnies and unicorns and I can't always gain and lose weight based on whether things are going my way or not. So that is one additional aspect of myself that I will be working on: trusting in His plan for me and letting go of so much of the stress and bad habits that I grab ahold of when I forget that I am able to turn myself over to him completely.

Just the same, I hope the plan gets me out of here soon.

Love to my Ladies,
Lisa

4 comments:

Amy Witt said...

Lisa-You are such a strong woman.I am praying for you and your job. I know God has great plans for you.

Emotional eating is so hard and I struggle with it daily. I know you can do it.

~Jennifer said...

"- after all, life isn't always bunnies and unicorns and I can't always gain and lose weight based on whether things are going my way or not."

No, but you can choose how to react when hard times come, which is why your plan to trust HIS plan is a good one. I think I'll work on that too! :-)

Mom2the6Rs said...

Isn't it amazing how we can look over the emotional "topography" of our lives and see our weight loss wax and wane? We are emotional creatures and we tend to feed or starve the needs.

Praying for you to get the job that brings you peace, accomplishment and the respect you deserve.

Jules

Chickadeeva said...

what? my life is always bunnies and unicorns (haven't you heard of PEEPS?)