Monday, May 07, 2007

Accountability-I NEED YOU ALL

Right now I am a bit needy:

I need to write down and post my food for each day.
I need to track and post my exercise each day.
I need to count my water.
I need to talk about how I am feeling each day.
I need to be held accountable.

Basically today sucked.(can you say that on a PG blog)
I ate horribly. I ate ice cream, three pieces of fried chicken and two slices of pizza. Not a very good day. I did get to the YMCA and walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes and burned 378 calories. (that was the good part of the day)

Today, I woke up not feeling to great and we did not get any school work done. I had done laundry all day yesterday and today. The kitchen was a mess. There are some fin'l issues going on. (nothing major but I am fretting over it)It seems I am eating over it too. The kids had a busy weekend and they are overtired and misbehaving. I had been letting them stay up later and later and it has caught up with them. Tonight they are in bed and asleep on time. I need to disciplined so they too can be disciplined. I need to get to bed on time and not stay up fretting. My heavenly Father cares about my problems and tonight I am placing them in His hands.

So I am back to posting daily how it went. It is what works for me. Writing down daily. Posting daily. Drinking enough water. Exercising. Sharing with you all.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Amy,

First of all, whatever you need, we are here for you.

Second, it is very promising that even though you may not have eaten well, it's great that you made it to the gym rather than just counting the whole day as a loss. If you take in too many calories, oops, but you actively worked some off and boosted your metabolism in the meantime. I'm proud of you.

Third, you are absolutely incredible with all you do and it takes a special kind of ambition to take on many of the challenges that you accept each day. I am in awe of you.

Lisa

Mom2the6Rs said...

Amy, I am thinking I need to do the same. Good for you on the workout. That is a big statement to yourself that you are not giving up on Y-O-U. We are here for you, too. Busy Mommy.

Jules

~Jennifer said...

I exchanged emails with a friend for a couple of months, listing what I had eaten for the day, how much I weighed in the morning, how much water I drank, and what sort of exercise I did. It did help me to make better choices, and it helped me when I made bad choices because in my emails I would reflect on why I binged, what emotions were behind the overeating. So, post away.