Thursday, June 14, 2007

On Wardrobes and Paradoxes


I'm not sure how this happened, but even as I am losing weight I am apparently expanding.
My firm is a business-casual environment so I only have to wear a suit when I'm meeting with clients who expect it (some don't and I love them for that) or going to court. Or interviewing. I have an interview with a firm that I would really love working for in a couple of hours so last night I was picking out what to wear. I want to come across as professional but not trying too hard. A plain black suit was out for this reason. I tried on my favorite pinstripe suit which fit perfectly last fall but got tight around Christmas. Since I have lost a lot (but admittedly not all) of the weight I gained over Christmas (but still weigh a lot less than the first time I was actually able to put on the suit and wear it in public), I figured it would work. Sadly, I was wrong, and the poor zipper practically sobbed as I zipped it up.

Of course, I have other suits that will work - in fact, I'm wearing one right now - but this somewhat mystifies me. I seem to be expanding, even though my weight is shrinking. Begging the question - where exactly am I losing this weight?

I'm stumped, but I hope it's nowhere important.

Anyway, wish me luck. I'm nervous (which really never happens to me) so I could definitely use it.

Hasta luego,
Lisa

4 comments:

~Jennifer said...

That is very strange. You are perhaps redistributing as well as losing? Hmmm.

Good luck! I hope this is the one for you!

Lisa said...

Jennifer: Can it be redistributing if you don't know where it's coming off of? Maybe I'm growing hollow places inside?

The interview went well - not great but good - and I think it would probably be a pretty good place for me to work. I'm the first they interviewed and they don't know if they have any other people to interview, but I should hear something in a few weeks.

Chickadeeva said...

Ew, the interview process in the corporate world is annoying and usually takes about a week longer than FOREVER.

Good luck, God's Will and all that jazz....

About weight loss/redistrib...I think that it is possible to lose it in different places sometimes. Say if you do lots of protein, you may lose fat, but not muscle, so you don't see that on the scale.

Anywhoooo - I'm pulling for you
!

Amy Witt said...

Cheering you on!! I had some redistribution issues too. Frustrating but now they seem to be shrinking.

Praying for you job situation!!
AMy