Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A funny conversation from the Y...

Yesterday as I was in the weight room, I had a conversation with another gal who is about my same age. Anyhow, I've never really talked to her much before, other than saying hello. But this is how our conversation went;' So, I 've heard from so and so that you've lost eighty pounds?!' 'Yes I have.' 'Wow!' said she. 'Yeah, I have another fifteen to go'. 'Really?! I think that you already look like you are in amazing shape... you're very fortunate, you're one of those "curvy" girls, and you are perfectly porportioned. Where do you want to lose it from?' 'Thank you,' said I, but you've never seen me in my underpants. If you had, then you would KNOW'. : )

Monday's numbers:
1,616 calories, and 20 glasses of water. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, burning 452 calories, and I lifted 45,600 pounds.

6 comments:

~Jennifer said...

LOL! I had a very similar conversation not too long ago. When I mentioned that I still wanted to lose 60 pounds they couldn't believe it, and said, "Where?!" I said, "If you saw me naked you wouldn't ask that question."

Bickler3 said...

I'v seen ya in your panties...ok so it's been about 16yrs...but hey! (hee hee hee)

Chickadeeva said...

Ditto. But, I don't have to wait to be naked. I actually wear a bathing suit during the summer. I need to be able to strut my hot stuff on a surf board or a boat and not be self conscious.

Lisa said...

Here's to CURVY!

Forget what you look like wearing anything. You've got to love yourself and love your body no matter how it looks because I guarantee it's going to keep changing. I get that you and Jenn were making lighthearted responses to fairly personal topics, but make sure that you don't ever take them to heart.

Kristina said...

No worries Lisa, I do love my body. All except for my granny triceps. : )
I'm very proud of my body now and how I've been able to mold it thus far. I was pretty much devoid of shape, and now I'm a curvy girl!

Chickadeeva said...

I am the queen of curves. I have the hip to waist ratio that makes men think about making babies! Its science.

Curves are what makes women women. I have a hip to hold a baby and a breast to serve as a pillow. It is only right that men yearn for that same infantile comfort - and we should sport them all proudly!

WE GIVE BIRTH TO SPARTAN WARRIORS!
- 300, the movie