Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I pulled these out of the dresser today, and it almost made me cry


, originally uploaded by willemkristina@verizon.net.

I was nearly overcome with emotion this morning as I pulled these out of the drawer. My infamous 22 wides. It made me think back to when I actually filled those pants, and how I perceived myself at that time. I was stuck there for years you guys, years. Years of hiding below layers of clothes. Too ashamed to wear shorts in a public place. Too depressed to go clothes shopping. I remember not even wanting to look up as I walked around... I was ashamed of myself.
BUT I HAVE OVERCOME!! I am a champion. And no one will ever be able to take that away from me. I will not revisit my old ways. I am a new, and beautiful person. I am a champion.

5 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Awwwwww!

Kris - it is hard to believe that those pants really fit you.

I can't tell you how much this post means to me, because you don't know how much I love you, but I do, and I think I just had to wipe away a tear myself.

xoxox - Elicia

Mom2the6Rs said...

I right clicked this photo, saved it to my files and then printed it up and stuck it to my refrigerator!!! You are such a winner, Kristina. You have truly overcome years of unhealthy living and abandoning yourself for the sake of others. I am so proud of you, honey.

We can't ever go back babe, ever.

Jules

Kristina said...

I'm feelin' the love ladies, I'm feelin' the love! : )

Melissa said...

That's great! My husband was cleaning out our closet this past weekend, and I happened to still have one pair of old jeans in there - also size 22! I told him I'd keep them, so I'd have something to compare myself to!

You are such an inspiration!

Coreen said...

Awesome job Kristina! I can see that you now walk proud and with your head up because you should! You have done an amazing job. Thanks for the updates and inspiring me every day!