Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Just a Whine, You Don't Mind, Do You?

*~*~*~*cross-posted from my blog*~*~*~*

In almost two weeks I haven't lost any weight at all! I thought I had lost a pound yesterday, but it was back this morning. I know I've done a lot, but today I'm a tiny bit discouraged.

I'm asking myself what is going on. Have I lost my momentum?

One thing that is affecting me is stress. We've hit a financial bump in the road, and that has been very stressful for me the last two weeks. Allergies are kicking my butt, but good! I'm sneezing and snorting snot as I type this. I have a pile of tissues on the desk in front of me. This has been a very bad allergy season for me.

When I'm doing well I don't want to believe that my resolve is such a fragile thing, but today it's a tiny ember. I need some energy so I can stoke my fire.

I made an aggressive goal a couple of weeks ago. When my weight hit 214 I decided I would be out of the 200's by the end of June. Is it a coincidence that I haven't lost a pound since I said that? I just don't know.

In the meantime, I'm reevaluating, and my new goal is to eat mindfully over the next three days, making the most of every food choice, to drink lots of water, and to take my walks. We'll see if a little more conscious effort is all I need to start losing weight again.

Hey, there is good news, though. A friend gave me some size 14 capri-length pants last night, and one of them actually fit comfortably. Of course, I still have a pair of 16's in my drawer that are too tight, so it's hard to be terribly excited. I hate the size differences from clothing maker to maker. It can really mess with a woman's mind.

One more bit of good news. Last night Rooster said, "Mommy's getting skinny. I can tell because her shirt is all wrinkly." It's true, my fat belly left no room for wrinkles in that particular shirt just a few months ago. Yay for wrinkly shirts!


post signature

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Just wait till you get butt wrinkles in your jeans! :) It's a great feeling. (teehee!)

Kristina said...

The "butt wrinkles", I LOVED that Lisa! too funny!!

I'm sorry that you're feeling so cruddy, and I'm sorry about your financial bump. I know those well, believe me. You know, I have heard that stress CAN make your weight loss efforts slow down, and can even make you gain some. Probably from stress eating, I'm thinking. I know that I eat more when I'm stressed out.

Try not to be too discouraged by not losing any more at this point in time. Just keep making healthy choices, and DRINK YOUR WATER.

Love,
Kristina