Saturday, June 23, 2007

Haven't posted in awhile...

Hey, all. I have been MIA for awhile, sorry. Hmmm, where to start with my weight loss journey...well, as some of you know, after losing 70 lbs., I have just been maintaining for the last 5 months. This is good in that I have learned the "skill" of maintainence, but bad in that I haven't moved forward to attain my goal of 140 lbs. Just writing that number seems crazy to me. I have been vascilating between 161 and 164 now for so long. I keep losing and regaining the same 3 pounds. I have lost them enough times, accumulatively, to have reached my goal, and then some....so I am stuck.

In February, I believe, I had my sights set on bathing suit season and being able to get into a smaller sized suit, because I had plenty of time to achieve such a goal. June is here...didn't happen.

I just need to focus again. Focus on my dreams. I know the right formula. I just need to apply myself like Kristina and Jennifer and move ahead.

I need some cheerleading, I suppose. But putting my issues aside, I must say that I am so proud of all of you ladies, wheather you post often or just cheer the others on. We need each other and I am so proud of this place of community that we have created.

Love you all.
Jules

5 comments:

Glitzyguru said...

good morning Sunshine!
I'm so proud of what you have already accomplished thus far! You are an amazing and strong woman; and you WILL reach your goal! When I come home I'm going to start afresh with Prism, (not sure if I'll start on phase one or two) just to get a jump start and remotivated. Would you like to join me? I too am maintaining, which considering the direction I was headed, is good. haha I think back to a year ago, and when we worked so hard together; and we melted away! What do you think? I love you so much, and can't wait to see you. I"ll be home a week from today!!!!

Kristina said...

Jules, I'm glad to see you posting. I was sorta feeling like Jennifer and I had been hogging this page. : )

I do want you know that I am incredibly proud of you. You have already done so, so much! You are beautiful. And you know what I've been told? That maintaining a weight is HARDER than actually losing weight. That's true, I'm sure, because after signicant losses in my life, I'll get to where I feel really good, and then I'll start gaining it back within a couple of weeks. I even did that this last winter, for Pete's sake. I'm praying that I'll have the resolve to stay at, or within a few pounds of my goal weight when I do reach it.

I just love you. I hope you're not discouraged. You look amazing. You ARE amazing. : )

Chickadeeva said...

What is done is done. Put it behind you and go take a drink of water.

What's nice about this life is every moment we are alive gives us a chance to turn things all around.

Debbie said...

Hey Jules girl,
Don't you give up. I'm watching from afar. I know you can not only maintain, but inch your weigh (hah)down to your goal. It didn't take you a year to put it all on and you have all your life to take it off. Be patient. Enjoy the journey and don't fixate on the end.
Miss you much,
Debbie

SueAnne said...

Jules,

You are beautiful at 161 pounds. Have you considered that? You don't have to give up your goal really, but seriously, have you looked at yourself lately? You are a beautiful, inspiring woman of God who weighs 161-164 pounds.

SueAnne