Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A lesson for me in what NOT to wear to the YMCA!

I wore a shirt today to the Y that I've not worn in probably a month or so. Not since I've really kicked up the cardio and been sweating as much as humanly possible. Well, the shirt when it was dry, was already a little bit see-through, especially with a white sports bra. I honestly didn't think much of it, until AFTER my 70 minutes of cardio, and I happenned to look down at my SOAKING WET chest. You see, I don't just sweat under my arms, or merely on my back, oh no. My now very see-through shirt was wet, and sticking to me nearly all of the way down to my belly button. No wonder the man working at the Y milling around and talking to other members, stopped dead in his tracks and stared, and smiled at me with a surpised expression. Sheesh!! I was embarrassed. I did get a towel and put it over my shoulders. It did conceal me fairly well. But after only about eight minutes of lifting weights, I got my embarrassed butt out of there. I think maybe I'll not wear that shirt there anymore.

Here's yesterday's numbers: 1,338 calories, and 17 glasses of water. I did 60 minutes of cardio, burning 838 calories, and lifted 45,300 pounds.

4 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

OH MY GAW!

Have you seen the Seinfeld episode where Elaine gets sprayed with a hose and gets kicked out of the movie theatre for her attire???

Kris, I'm sure you'll have a permablush every time you see that dude!!!

~Jennifer said...

ROFL!

Oh man, how embarrassing.

Unknown said...

I had a pair of shorts that ride around the hips but don't tie or anything and one day I accidentally mooned the entire Y when they just fell off when I was on the treadmill. I was thankful that I was wearing conservative undies. It took me two weeks to convince myself it was okay to go back and even then I changed which time of day I went.

But still, it never occurred to me that you could turn a workout into a wet t-shirt fest! I just about died laughing!

Rock on,
Lisa

Mom2the6Rs said...

This must have really mortified you, oh conservative one. It must have felt good to know that you could have beat the crap out of the guy looking at you, though....Ha! My amazon woman!

Jules