Friday, June 08, 2007

I Have to Face it,...


I've reached a plateau. I knew I probably would, but I was hoping I'd be closer to my goal before it happened. When doing what was working before stops working it makes me want to have a little binge. The dialog in my head goes like this:

Well, chicky, you are going to have to step up and work a little harder. Journaling like Kristina might be a good thing, and you know you need to not only walk longer, but more often. Oh, and some weight training is necessary too. So, go for it...starting Monday. That means this weekend you can PART-AY!

Uh, yeah. That is what is going through my head, and the really dangerous thing with this mentality is it is exactly how I gained all this weight to begin with. When I think about the hard work that I need to do, first I want to put it off just a bit longer, and in the meantime I want to eat a few of those forbidden foods before I knuckle down. A few rounds in that cycle and I'm fat and depressed again.

Ugh. Thanks for listening. I'll not do that this time.

2 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Jennifer, this is such a common pattern. You did not invent it. But I am so glad you see it and are willing to take a stand and unmask it for what it is. That gets you more than half way there, chick.

The difference between you now and you then is that you can see it and stop it not on Monday, but at your next meal, in the now, not the future. We are not dealing with our bodies of the future, you see, we are dealing with the bodies we are in now.

Good job.

Jules

Chickadeeva said...

Knowing this pattern (well enough to write it for us!) is crux of the battle. Your emotional honesty is in the right place and if you keep it up and not give it up you'll be able to wrestle this and come out with the blessings you desired. (see Jacob)