Saturday, June 23, 2007

A Few Challenges

My weight is down another pound since Thursday. I'm really hoping I don't undo that. My first challenge was early last night. I remembered I had nothing to take along on my 12 mile training walk so I asked my husband to run out and get me some power bars and wheat thins. (I remembered another walker eating wheat thins on one of our walks.)

Well, having a box of "munchies" in the house presented a challenge and I think I had three or four unplanned handfuls of those. So, no more munchies for training walks. Either that or I need to have an individual serving package or something.

My next challenge this weekend is that I didn't go on my training walk because my 8 year old was up puking all night. Now I'm sitting here thinking I need to at least get a few miles in, but walking alone is easier to blow off than meeting with friends, and that's what I'm doing. I'm blowing it off minute by minute. I'm really having a tough time getting myself moving today. So, I'm going to get off the computer, read a bit of my book, which I just realized I've ignored for the last 2 days. (Need to work on consistency)

Now I'm going to spend a few minutes giving myself credit for what I have done well the last few days. I've made some really good food choices. I've been eating breakfast, whole grains, adding veggies and fruit, drinking plenty of water. I started my period and didn't binge once. I ended a plateau by losing weight last week, and some more over the last few days. I resisted those pink frosted sugar cookies that my mom had over at her house, even though I love those, even though I was really hungry, and I'm not sorry I didn't have them. In fact, I had completely rationalized that having one wouldn't be so bad. They are only 210 calories (per serving? Is giant cookie more than 1 serving? I didn't even look at that.) I'll eat a lighter lunch. Yada yada yada. But still, I recognized the rationalization for what it was and didn't have a cookie. I decluttered my closet and my dresser drawers so I have no more fat clothes, nor do I have any more clothes that are more than 1 size too small. When I get smaller it will be my joy and pleasure to buy more clothes!

Okay, that's it for today's coaching session. I'm off to do some reading and search for the motivation to get walking.

2 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Hey, Jennifer, great news on the weight loss! Way to go! I saw a "walking cd" by Dr. Oz at Costco and thought of you. It is an hour long cd with music and info to use as you walk. It was only $11 or so.

Jules

~Jennifer said...

I saw those too, at the realage.com website, and thought about them. I didn't know they had them at Costco. I'll have to take a look!