Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Down 2 Pounds!

I just had to share my happy news. My period is about to start, yet when I got on the scale today my weight was down a couple of pounds from what my ticker says, which is actually down about 4 pounds from what it said before this weekend. I'm not changing my ticker yet, because that's bound to change as my body adjusts to a normal routine again after all the walking and eating this weekend.

I'm encouraged, though, because I was told to expect to be a few pounds heavier after the walk. They really ply you with lots of carbs and protein, more calories than normal, when you're a walker. So, I'm just feeling happy about the weight loss today. I hope it's not temporary.

Now that the walk is over I want to concentrate a little more on making better food choices. I decided before the walk that it was okay to focus on the training, and not worry so much about the eating, but now it's back down to business! I wonder if I can be out of the 200's before my anniversary trip.

3 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

When is the trip Jen?

Lisa said...

Awesome, blossom! I hope the loss ... sticks! (and congrats on finishing the 3-day and sharing your story - what an inspiration you are)

Jennifer said...

We leave on the 26th of this month.

So, doable, unless that weight is an anomaly. I was feeling dehydrated last night, so it could be.