Monday, September 10, 2007

A Brief Detour

Guess where I was this weekend? In a very last minute trip (between deciding to go and being at the airport, I had roughly an hour to leave the office, pack, and make my flight) I went to Vegas for the weekend. A lot of good food, a little wine, and a TON of walking.

I didn't realize when I left that my pedometer was in my purse (it's one of the ones that will count for you when it's in your handbag and it is so accurate it's scary) but it says that I walked well over 20 miles this weekend. 23.67 if we want to be specific, taking over 60,000 steps and burning nearly 2500 calories. Not bad for two days in a town where the goal is to get you to sit down and lose money. (I don't really gamble, so that made it somewhat easier to stay on the move.)

The only bad thing? With less than 5 minutes to pack, I forgot to pack any shoes other than heels and the flip-flops I was wearing. I hurt all over and feel vaguely like I've been hit by a freight train, all from lack of proper support. Oh well, hopefully tonight's run (!) will loosen me up a little.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Lisa

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I cannot believe that you walked that far... and in FLIP FLOPS!!! Are you crazy? : )

~Jennifer said...

How's the running going? Liking it?