Saturday, September 29, 2007

In Which I May Be a Little Excited (and Maybe a Tad Mushy)

Great news, Ladies! I beat my goal time for the 5K by over a minute! And then because the shuttle to the fairgrounds didn't show back up, I walked another 2 miles back downtown to my office (and car)! I'm feeling very virtuous at the moment, but that is nothing a slice of chocolate victory cake won't fix. :)

This is a great feeling - that I'm fit enough to run this race and place well, that I've been eating right and feel good, and that I have changed my lifestyle to the point where none of it feels like I'm working very hard at it. And you've all been a big part of that. I really want each of you to know how much I appreciate the advice, pep talks, inspiration, commiseration, and support which occur pretty regularly on this blog. You are each spectacular in your own way.

And if you'll excuse me, I have an appointment with a small piece of cake (okay, maybe a banana - I can't be undoing all my hard work!)

Love y'all,
Lisa

3 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

WOW!

That is really awesome. There is little like trying something and SUCCEEDING that makes a girl feel like the fourth of July is happening all over her UNIVERSE!

Way to go girl - and gosh, don't you think you've earned a little smidgen of cake? Or at least TWO bananas?

Kristina said...

Way to go Lisa! What a sense of accomplishment, eh? To not only finish the race, but to surpass your original goal!

Kristina

~Jennifer said...

Woot! You done good!