Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Getting Ready for My BIG Weekend, and then The Rest of My Life



I wrote a post on my blog about my trusty fanny pack, but I wanted to post a picture here too. Elicia and Jules, I wanted you to see how I decided to carry the names of your aunties with me on my walk this weekend. Only 3 days left until the walk!

After the walk I intend to redouble my weight loss efforts and put an end to this three month plateau. I'm hoping that will be easier for me to do once the stress of preparing for something this big is behind me. I'll start writing down what I eat again, and planning menus. Those two things together seem to work well. I've not even been grocery shopping much (my old trap) but at least I haven't gained any weight back. I've been up and down losing the same four pounds over and over.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I am so unbelievably proud of you, Jennifer, if that's even possible for someone you've never met in real life. You are truly amazing, and have a great time at the big event!

Mom2the6Rs said...

OH my....my Auntie Rosie(died of breast cancer in 1988) and my Aunt Maxine(survivor)....what a touching thing you are doing, what an amazing feat. Thank you for including the ones I loved and love still. I love you, Jennifer. Thanks for being a part of my life.

Jules

~Jennifer said...

Aw thanks, guys! I'm getting all emotional getting ready for this walk, and you made me cry.

Kristina said...

Jennifer, I am so incredibly proud of you as well!!! This is such a huge deal, what you are doing.

I'm gonna go to your other web site and make a contibution too.

Love,
Kristina : )

Kris said...

You are doing a great thing!! Good Luck on you big day.

Chickadeeva said...

Wow Jen, I'm going to print that out and send it to my aunt. She is going thru another bout of worrying and wondering about her cancer status, so this should bless her heart.

I'm so proud of you - I'll be praying for you over the next week - for quick recuperation as well!