Friday, September 14, 2007

Someone Called Me "Slender" Today!

I went to get my haircut and I was talking about my son to the hairdresser, saying he is over 6 feet tall, but only weighs 120 pounds, and she said, "Wow! That is really thin, but then you're slender, so he must get it from you." I laughed and said, "Well, thank you for saying so, but I'm NOT slender, I just carry my weight well." When I told her my goal weight was 160 she couldn't believe I weighed more than that now.

So, I ran home and took pictures of my body to see if I could see myself as slender. Mostly what I saw was that my clothes were hanging on me. Clothes that used to be a bit snug.


So, I ran inside to get some clothes that are a little more form fitting.



And to remind you what I looked like seven months ago:


5 comments:

Patty said...

Jennifer! You look like a totally new woman and I am NOT exaggerating! The change from your "before" pics is truly astounding. WTG!

Mom said...

Don't you just LOVE it!! And by the way, you ARE slender. It's quite a change, it takes some getting used to, but you do look great!

Kristina said...

Wow Jen, you really do look great. You really do look slender. : )
Keep up the great work baggy britches! : )

Lisa said...

Jen, please don't take this the wrong way, but you look SO MUCH younger in your after pics. I can totally see someone calling you slender, but with the weight you've lost it also looks like you've lost about a decade!

Jennifer said...

I won't take that the wrong way at all! You just made my day, Lisa.:-D

The thinner pictures of me match more closely the image of myself I have in my head. When I look at those pictures where I was heavier I can hardly even believe I looked like that. It's not what I saw when I looked in the mirror.