Monday, September 03, 2007

Back to the food journaling...

Okay, so, I am swallowing my pride for the benefit of you all. Within three weeks of no journaling, and ten days of vacation, and obviously too much food, I had gained seven pounds! In the last three days though, I have taken three of them back off. I'm really seeing that if I don't weigh myself regularly, or pay attention to my calories, that I can easily deceive myself.
So, here I am, journaling once again. I know this is the way for me. And although it can get tiresome, it is worth the effort. I am worth the effort.

6 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Good for you, Kristina, for journalling again. I am starting today as well. We are in this thing together, eh?

Jules

Mom2the6Rs said...

PS...did you see my comment about the Fall Frolic? The 13th of Oct. works best for me. I don't have worship commitments and our soccer games are early.

Jules

Mom said...

For me, food and activity journaling is the key. The absolute key. I think that there are several key things that have made me lose weight:

Exercise
Journaling
Eliminating sugar
Eating approx.: 1500 kcals/15 grams fat


Of those, journaling keeps me on target with everything else.

~Jennifer said...

I think after this walk next weekend I'll start journaling too. I don't even need to track calories. The mere act of writing down everything I eat has a deterrent effect. I just plain make better choices when I'm writing them down. I suppose that's because I heighten my awareness that way, eliminating a lot of the mindless eating I do for stress relief.

Melissa said...

Good for you. I've found that journaling helps me SO much. I'm such a mindless eater otherwise.

I've also found a site that's making it a little more "fun" to do: www.fitday.com. You can also use www.dietfacts.com to get information for your journal.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I could of written this entry. Every word of it...You took the words right out of my mouth. DAP