Thursday, September 13, 2007

Motivation by Ipod is Better than Death by Treadmill

I have over 3,500 songs on my ipod, so why is is getting more difficult to find music that's "up" enough to get me through a tough workout? My same old mixes are just that - same old. So what could once get me through a solid 45 minutes of this-stinks-you-know-being-fat-may-just-be-better-than-this cardio just doesn't cut it anymore.

So tell me, what are your 10 favorite get-you-going songs? The ones where you have to dance, sing, jump around, laugh out loud, or otherwise feel you can't sit still for? I'm idea shopping here.
Lately, for me, it has been:
1) Better Days/Goo Goo Dolls
2) Shelter from the Storm/Bob Dylan
3) Hey Jealousy/Gin Blossoms
4) Supermodel/Kendall Payne
5) Hips Don't Lie/Shakira
6) Paper Heart/All-American Rejects
7) Girl Next Door/Saving Jane
8) Baby Doll/Pat Green
9) Little Miss Can't Be Wrong/REM
10) Unwritten/Natasha Bedingfield

What about y'all? I need new songs so please share!

4 comments:

~Jennifer said...

I don't think I know any of those songs. I feel so old.

Some of my favorites are: Boys of Summer/Don Henley, Smooth/Santana, and well, most 80's hits, probably because I was skinny then and listening to 80's music takes me back there.

Kristina said...

Thanks for your reccomendations Elicia! I bought four of the songs last night. : )

As for me, here's a few of my favorites to work out to:

1) Kirk Franklin/ Looking for someone

2) Creed/ Say I

3) Creed/ What If

4) Creed/ Beautiful

5) Bill Withers/ Aint no sunshsine when she's gone

6) U2/ I still haven't found what I'm looking for

7)Jewel/ who will save your soul

Can you tell that I like Creed? Who knew I'd be a rocker?

Chickadeeva said...

I like:

*"Eight Seconds" from Toby Keith
* Nearly anything from Rage Against the Machine (the anger and social injustice fuels me)
* Nearly anything from Franz Ferdinand, including "Do you wanna" (they are super bouncy and keep the bpm going)
* The Hives
* The Beastie Boys

- Elicia

Melissa said...

September by Earth, Wind and Fire.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone by the Temptations. The long version!

Will It Go "Round In Circles by Billy Preston.

Yeah, I listen to the same stuff my parents did, but it's all good!