Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Moving Forward

The important work of moving the world forward does not wait to be done by perfect men.
- George Eliot

Gained a pound? Lost a pound? Ran a mile? Sat for an hour? Ate too much? Ate just enough?

Remembering that baby steps still move forward is a great way to keep from getting stuck. Sometimes its easy to give in when we've been weakened, "I already blew it, why not eat five MORE oreos?" but even if we only eat TWO more - we're moving forward...

Be generous with yourself when you slip up a bit. It doesn't mean you've failed. You can still move forward, and you can start another step TODAY!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Very good to remember! I may not be where I'd hoped to be by now, but I'm way further ahead than I was a few months ago, and I know that a few months from now I'll be even closer to my goal. :-)Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming swimming.