Saturday, September 15, 2007

My New Temptation


I kinda wish I'd never tasted these. Once I open the can I can't stop. Seriously, I can eat a whole can of almonds. I'm not telling how many cans I ate in the week preceding the 3-Day.

Now that I no longer have the "preparing my body for a great big walk" excuse to eat everything in sight, I'll have to learn moderation with these or avoid them all together. I brought home a can today after shopping for new clothes, which was way fun today, by the way.

So, any tips for eating something so delicous and so small as to seem harmless? I'll tell ya one thing that helps, knowing there is 1,020 calories in one can! For now, I'm going to count out 28 nuts, which is one serving, which is 170 calories and put the can away. Avoiding it for the rest of the night will be tricky, though.

6 comments:

Kristina said...

Oh, I know what ya mean! I LOVE almonds! The smokehouse flavor are my favorite. I've never tried this kind before though, hmmmm...
I MAKE myself count them out, otherwise, I probably eat most of a can too. : )

Mom said...

I don't even dare try them! I would get addicted. I need more high volume foods. I love beef jerky and could eat it all day long, even though it gets stuck between my teeth and hurts so badly until I floss. That's my addiction.

Jennifer said...

Hey, I found out the best way to deal with these almonds is to count out a serving, eat the serving, and then leave the can where hubby can find it. Problem solved! lol

Kris said...

I will have to try these. I love wasabi. I can have a few nuts.

Melissa said...

Mmm. Wasabi. I don't even buy nuts anymore, because if they're around, I open them up and take a few out every time I walk past.

And I make excuses to walk past.

Kristina said...

Oh man, I bought some. YUM!!