Thursday, September 20, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things....

about having lost so much weight:

~Being able to get the sheets on the bed without breaking a sweat.
~Being able to get between the wall and the bed without climbing on the bed. The space is about 6 inches. Being able to turn around in that space too.
~Being able to dance in the kitchen without feeling like an idiot.
~Having sex with the light on.
~Every time someone says, "Have you cut your hair?" and knowing that they mean, "Have you lost weight?" but they can't remember that I was fat before.
~When people describe me as, "She's tall and thin with dark short hair." That beats "heavy set" every day of the week!
~Buying clothes. Buying size 4-6 clothes. OK, they were stretchy, but they fit!
~Not feeling self-conscious
~Using small towels instead of my old "bath sheets".
~Size 5 bikini panties.
~My seat belt never bothers me now. It used to be too small.
~Sitting in the kiddie chairs at parent-teacher conferences is fine now.
~running and playing with my children. I can do that now.
~Did I mention buying clothes?

I am just loving it. Photos tomorrow. It's six months tomorrow.


4 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Those are wonderful things to write out and we are enjoying them with you!!

Everyone should write a list like this! Its the little things that mean so much - especially when you see it all in a list!

Way to go Jan!!!

Kristina said...

Wowzers! That is quite the cool list Jan!

I'm so, so happy for you. And size 4-6?!?!?!?!?!?! What the heck?! That is simply amazing. : )

Mom said...

The 4-6 pants were VERY stretchy. When a person who is 184 can fit into 4-6, it says that someone is playing with the sizes big time! Just another reason not to trust numbers.

Jennifer said...

That's a great list, and I agree with Elicia. I think I'll work on one of my own because I've been noticing a few benefits of having lost nearly 50 pounds myself lately. It really is more fun than eating a whole pizza! ;-)