Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Sometimes I feel as if I am the only one who fails. It is as if I hate to talk about trying another method to lose weight so I can fail at that too. I guess I will put it out here and give it another go.



This past year, I have not lost weight nor have I gained weight. I have learned so much about me and why and how I have gained so much weight. I guess I needed this time to really make some spiritual and emotional changes before I could begin to make eating changes.



I rejoined Weight Watchers four weeks ago and have lost 5 pounds. I have not gotten back to the gym since we are swimming every day. As soon as we can no longer swim, I will get back to working out inside. I will miss the pool but have discovered an indoor pool in our area that we can go to during the fall and winter months. I am using it as a 'carrot' to entice the twins into doing their school work.



Weight watchers has worked for me in the past. I do not do well left to my own devices. I need the accountability of paying that weekly fee. I guess I am driven by money. I like counting what I eat and knowing when to stop and when I can eat something else. I like the meetings and have found a leader who is an encourager and funny to boot. I can go when Honey is home so I don't have to worry about the kiddos.

5 comments:

Kris said...

Weight Watchers is a great program. Sometimes it does take us awhile to really find out who we are and it never stops. We are constantly finding new things, that is the joy of life.

Keep up the great work.

Mom said...

Don't feel bad about being human. If it wasn't so darned hard, we wouldn't be here together struggling through. We are all people who have tried this and that and still kept gaining and gaining. Then something works for us. It is so individual. It sounds like you have a good plan and congrats on the 5 lb loss!

Chickadeeva said...

You are going to make it - you know what works, what does not - you know what makes you hop (the weekly fee) and what makes you lose track (going it alone) so you're so much more ahead of the game! Plus, you're on a roll from the 5lbs AND you have a HONEY who can partner with you to free yourself up!

I think you've got EVERYTHING going for you PLUS a bag of banana chips!

Lisa said...

Amy,

I'm so thrilled you're back. I was thinking about you the other day and was about to dig out your phone number to make sure that you're okay.

Anyway, first of all: you haven't failed. You have maintained the status quo which in itself often represents a big accomplishment. Not reaching your goals immediately does not equal failure. As long as you are not backsliding, you shouldn't be upset or angry with yourself. Which brings me to...

Second: you are not alone with being stuck. I'm right there with you. It looks like Jules is too. And Jennifer. And probably quite a few more people around here that don't speak up about it. I'm pretty sure you're not that hard on us about stalling where we are, so you need to ease off on yourself. Which brings me to...

Third: Five pounds is great! As well as your conscious efforts to fit exercise into your day. This is all about lifestyle change and it's clear that you are making the commitment to a healthy lifestyle and to yourself. Having a great leader and support system is a big part of it all, and it sounds like you're good to go in that department.

This whole process can be so very excruciatingly slow, but patience is a virtue. And one that I am positive will pay off for you.

Lisa

Mom2the6Rs said...

Amy, glad to see you posting again. I am so excited you are going to WW. They have a great program. Remember that fiber (and fat to a certain degree) are your friends, they help keep you satisfied!

I am glad you got your 5 lb. bookmark (do they still do that?) and I will be looking forward to you getting more rewards from them! Keep us in the loop.

OH, and happy AO year.

Jules