Thursday, September 20, 2007

Ahhhhhhhhh, that was nice!




I am back from Hawaii and I'm happy to report that all those days of walking, working out and weight lifting paid off! I was able to enjoy my trip to Hawaii with more stamina than I had hoped!

I was able to paddle for great distances without getting too tired or being too sore the next day. I was able to hop on and off of the board easily and with little fatigue. I was able to stand up on the board in a balanced way and ride the small surf. It was such an exhilarating feeling!

One particular wave, I got up and stood easily on the board as it carried me towards the shore. It carried me and carried me and I was so tickled that I was still going.....and going...... Finally the wave died out and I stepped off my board. Turning around, I looked back out to the ocean and saw how very far I had come. I was happy to have ridden so far, but a bit surprised at how far I was going to have to paddle back out! :-)

It was only four days, but it was like a month. I've learned recently to really absorb the good times so it can carry me through the rough. God is good to me. He's always been good. However, there is nothing like laying on a surfboard in Hawaii enjoying creation to make my heart sing.

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Hey cutie girl! I love that face shot of you! : )

I'm glad that you had noticeably more stamina. And I'm glad that you got to sneak off again to sunny Hawaii. Happy anniversary!

Jennifer said...

I was just thinking about you and wondering how your trip went only moments ago! I'm so happy to hear you had a great time and that you were feeling so strong. You look great, and you're right Hawaii is such a lovely place to soak up God's creation. I love it there!

Lisa said...

How jealous am I? You made your goals for the trip and had a great time - in Hawaii. I'm thrilled that you had fun, but next time, you really ought to take along some of your blog buddies. Especially ones from Texas. I'm just saying... :)