Sunday, July 22, 2007

Ups and downs of weight loss/exercise

I had a rough couple of days here. My cardio of choice is treadmill walking. I got a terrible blister on my pinkie toe that really hurt. I no sooner got over that then I pulled several hip muscles and a groin muscle helping to move an aquarium.

But the good news is that I am back to my normal routine. I only missed one day of cardio and then took it easy yesterday with a slow walk. Today I was back to my normal walk.

You never know what's going to happen to maybe thwart your fitness routine. For me, it comes out of the blue. I try to be careful, but then things just happen. I am trying to take it all in stride and not let it derail me.

I have been dealing with some weight fluctuations, and finally got down to 206 today, that's only one pound under last week, but with the water I have been retaining, I have been up five pounds. I figure that if I am eating right and working out I am not going to go crazy with the scale. I know it doesn't make sense when it goes up and yet my clothing is looser, but I figure I am going to base more on how I feel than on those numbers.


2 comments:

Kristina said...

Jan,
The scale is not always a good guage. I would TOTALLY go with the way your clothes are fitting, and how you feel. I am sure you are building muscle. Try not to be discouraged. I know it is easier to be motivated when you see bigger drops on the scale, but hey, you DO weigh less than last week. : ) Look at how far that you've come already! What you've accomplished is amazing. Just keep at it.

Mom2the6Rs said...

I am glad you are feeling better, Jan. I know that getting out of the exercise routine can be scary....each day is a new day. Remember that. Each day you have the opportunity to build you body or tear it down.

You are making great choices.
Jules