Monday, July 30, 2007

His persistance is, well, getting kind of annoying

You know that kid that works at the Y. The one that's been making comments to me lately. Well, it turns out that he is actually 22 years old, not 20 like I had originally thought. Regardless, I saw him on Saturday, I was the only one in the weight room and he strolled through and said,' Man, it is HOT in here. I think we need to get some more fans.' He was implying that I was hot, the goof. And then today, he said something else, and I said to him,' Will you stop already?! I'm old enough to be your mother.' And will you please check out how he replied back to me. He said,' Are you kidding me?! ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME? You look like you could be on the cover of a Sports Illustrated magazine. My jaw just dropped, I waved my hand, and I left the room. Perhaps the boy just likes older women. I don't know, but sheesh!
I didn't journal over the weekend, as my honey and I had a date Friday night, and then we had two barbeques to go to this weekend also. Factor in that I'm going to start my period any day... I ate too much. But I'm back on track today. And I DID work out, I did clean two offices, and I did get 15,115 steps in on Saturday. Yes, I bought a pedometer too. Oh, and I played a bunch of volley ball on Sunday with the church folk. I've got bruises on my arms to prove it. : ) I will say, that I had one of the funnest weekends in the longest time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are inspiring. I've been reading your blog for the first time and WOW!!! You are doing fantastic. I would like to start with a 30 pound weight loss and see where I need to go from there.

I NEED to move more. That is my biggest downfall and fat keeper on-er.

I will be back to see how you are doing.

Kristina said...

Hey Pam, thanks for your input. It's always fun to see a new face around here. : )
There's a lot of great stuff happening here. It's a wonderful community to be a part of!

Kristina

Chickadeeva said...

Hey Pam - come back soon!

Kris,

You are beautiful, and even if that kid is being obnoxious it still has to make you smile :-)

I also want to say how happy I am at all the LIFE you're enjoying now that you are FIT and able TO PLAY VOLLEYBALL so hard that you get BRUISES!

Just imagine what your boys saw as a lesson in you!

Mom2the6Rs said...

Kristina, I hope you are stronger than this dude...you might need to teach him a lesson one day. Maybe you shouldn't be too friendly with him.

You are amazing. Proud of you. Go get 'em today, girl!

Kristina said...

No worries Jules, I'm pretty sure that I'm stronger than him. He only has a medium sized physique. And I am going to say something serious to him today, so he'll stop flirting with me.
I mean, it is flattering. But he's crossed the line...