Monday, July 16, 2007

My eighth day in a row working out...

I think maybe I'm getting addicted to excersize, hmmm.... I just feel so much better after I've done a lot of sweating. And I like to push myself, compete with myself. Today I ran the hardest and fastest on the treadmill yet. I ran 3.23 miles on the treadmill in thirty minutes. Every five minutes I would push the speed up just slightly. It was REALLY hard, but what a sense of accomplishment I had when I finished.
I wasn't planning on working out yesterday, but I had exceeded my calories quite a bit on Saturday night, and I wanted to make up for it.
It's just soooo cool for me to feel like an athelete again. I feel as if I could accomplish nearly anything at this point in my life, and here I am, teetering on my 40th year. Two years ago, I would not have believed that I could do what I have done. I would not believe that I could possibly feel this beautiful. It's a very wonderful thing.

Saturday: I'm estimating that I broke the 2,000 calorie point ( I went out on a date this night)I had 11 glasses of water. I did 55 minutes of cardio, burning 773 calories, and lifted 31,600 pounds.

Sunday: 1,801 calories, and 8 glasses of water. I did an hour on the elliptical, burning 903 calories, no weights today.

4 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

and here I was all proud I got three pints of water down and walked in a few circles this afternoon!

Mom said...

Wow, you are really kicking butt! That's more than six miles per hour! Keep up the good work, but give your body time to adjust. You sound like you are really in the groove.

~Jennifer said...

Well, I can think of worse addictions. I'd like to get a little of whatever you're smokin'. You ARE smokin', woman!

Mom2the6Rs said...

Kristina, I am so glad you have found your "place". Your numbers are rockin', too. The only treadmill I have been on lately is the emotional one.

Jules