Thursday, July 19, 2007

Excercise is HARD, but worth it!

I have started going back to the gym since my surgery. I have gone six times in the last week and a half. It is hard going back when you haven't been in along time. But it does feel good after I am done. I am doing about 1-2 miles each day and lower and upper body weights.
I haven't lost enough to go down the next size of clothes, so my clothes are all very baggy. I need to be patient with myself. The weight is coming off fast, yet I do not have my energy back yet. I do have more than I had at first, but they told me it might take up to 2 months to get my energy level up.
We just got back from a family reunion, which was fun but hard. They had a lot of fun food around, but I survived without to much trouble. I ate my little bit and went on about my day. It was nice getting to know a lot of my family that I hadn't seen in a few years.

You guys are a huge motivation for me. I have had fun reading all about you. Keep up the great work.

3 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Hi Kris!

I hope you remember the magic of Orange Juice - if you can drink it - it is a great source of energy and when I lived in France, the pharmacists recommended never drinking OJ after 4:00 so it didn't interfere with sleep! I'd never heard that before, but they were pretty convinced!

Kris said...

I would love to have orange juice, but I can't have fruit for at least a year. It wouldn't settle with my pouch very well. I can have tomato juice every so often.

Kristina said...

Way to get back to the gym Kris! I know sometimes it is hard just to get there, but it's true, I have EVERY single time felt better after I've worked out. Especially the days that I really didn't want to go. It's kinda weird that way.
And honey, haven't you already lost like 30 pounds or something like that? I think you should buy yourself an outfit in a smaller size, it WILL motivate you to keep going, and you WILL feel more attractive in clothes that fit you properly.
Keep up the great work!