Friday, July 13, 2007

I ran my fastest mile yesterday!

For a woman that never dreampt of running any farther than the distance of her own yard, I have come a looooong ways. : ) I can actually say that I really enjoy it now. Anyhow, yesterday, I ran a mile in nine minutes flat. Which, may not sound like very fast to most of you, but it's the fastest mile that I've ever run in my life. When I started to run in January, I believe I was just barely able to do a mile in like 11 minutes and 15 seconds, something like that. And at that point in time, that was REALLY tough. I took 23 seconds off of my previous fastest mile from last week, so I'm pretty happy. The last couple of minutes on the treadmill, I was up to 7 MPH. I'm feeling so fit, and strong. I'm far more fit than I was last summer, and it just feels so wonderful.

Thursday: 1,679 calories, and 16 glasses of water. I did 50 minutes of cardio, burning603 calories, and lifted 52,000 pounds.

2 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Wow!!!! Only 9 minutes?? That's an amazing time! Way to go! What are you going to do next???? You are so determined....very inspiring for us all!

Jules

~Jennifer said...

I'm impressed! I don't think I've even tried to run a whole mile since jr. high school! I know I couldn't do faster than 11 minutes, that's for sure, if that.