Monday, July 16, 2007

After a little gentle prodding from Jules




I've come back to update.

I guess I just got a little discouraged last month, because I went through one of those lose-two-gain-two cycles. You know the one. The one where you gain and lose the same pound or two for a month or so.

I hate those.

Anyway, at the end of June we went to Georgia for my sister-in-law's wedding. It was the first time I'd missed a weigh in, other than Thanksgiving when there was no meeting, in nearly two years. And I was scared to death.

But you know what? I still lost three pounds over that two weeks! And then another pound the week after that! And then nothing this week, but that's ok once in a while too.

I did walk in my town's annual Five Star Races (I did the two-mile walk) and it ended badly. I suffered from heat exhaustion, and had to quit early. It took me two days to get over it. I was so devistated, but it just reminded me that I need to take more precautions next year - like walking outside instead of inside, so my body gets used to the heat!

And I did the "butter" thing on the sidebar too. I hope I did it right - does 78 pounds equal 312 sticks of butter? I'm slightly math challenged - which is why I don't handle our family finances!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Yes, 78 lbs equals 312 sticks of butter! Talk about an awesome accomplishment.

As I have gotten down and my loss rate has slowed, it's harder to keep at it.

You've done great, I am sure you will hit that goal!

Chickadeeva said...

So good to see you posting Melissa.
We all need a little nudge now and again.

Keep on keepin on - you're headed in the right direction. Better health, more energy and more self-esteem comes in sticks of butter sometimes!

Mom2the6Rs said...

Melissa, you are a big inspiration to me. I love it when you post. Your personality shines through your words.

Jules