Wednesday, July 04, 2007

I ran my 2nd race today!!



I ran the Yankee Doodle Dash through my YMCA this morning. Accompanied again by my daddy. : ) I ran really hard, and I bested my race from March by 2 minutes and 15 seconds. I came in at 29:46! I've never in the past been able to run a solid three miles in under thirty minutes, and here I am today doing 3.2 miles in LESS than thirty minutes. I'm so proud of myself!
How do you like the comparison of myself from two years ago in Atlanta? We spent the 4th of July down there that year. And I WALKED a race with my sisters. At that point I couldn't fathom being able to run as I do now. What a wonderful and blessed change!
Happy 4th to all of you lovely ladies!

Monday: 1,831 calories, and 10 glasses of water. I did 52 minutes of cardio, burning 718 calories, and I lifted 33,500 pounds.

Tuesday: 1,814 calories, and 12 glasses of water. I did 33 minutes of cardio, burning 485 calories, and lifted 58,600 pounds.

7 comments:

Kris said...

Congratulations!!! That is awesome.

~Jennifer said...

You look fabulous, Kristina! You may just get me running yet.

Mom2the6Rs said...

Stunning difference, Kristina. Amazing. Wow. I believe. I believe. I believe. You've made a believer outa me, babe. You can do ANYTHING.

Jules

Chickadeeva said...

I just don't get it - where did this love for exercise come from? You said you were athletic in High School...

I am like, totally opposed to working out in any form that doesn't resemble play. Running isn't fun for me, so tell me Kris - what makes you such a good excerciser when some of us can't seem to move our bodies to the fridge?

Mom2the6Rs said...

I've got the move the body to the fridge thing pretty much mastered.


J

Kristina said...

You want to know what makes me such a good excerciser? It's the results that I've gotten, baby! To see how my body has morphed is all of the motivation that I need.
I've gone from feeling such shame over my shape, to such pride. I feel beautiful again, for the first time in over 10 years!
Plus the endorphins that I get from a good work out, they give me the boost that I need to take care of my three boys for the rest of the day. I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more energy now. I used to have hardly any at all.

Ali said...

You really look terrific! Congrats on your success!

I found this blog while I was looking for the Everett YMCA website. I was also at Yankee Doodle Dash. The Everett YMCA has a link up on their site for photos - I remember seeing your dad with his dog!