Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The twenty year old, who made me blush!

As you can imagine, I've made several friends at the YMCA since January. I mean, I'm there five to six days a week for Pete's sake. Anyhow, this morning one of the young guys behind the counter, (I'm guessing his age to be around twenty) said, ahem, "Hey, check out that good lookin' blonde over there!"
I could most likely be his mother. Doesn't he realize this? So why did this make me blush as it did? Perhaps it's because other workers were within ear shot... I don't know. But I can tell you this, he made my day. : )

Monday: 1,827 calories, and 16 glasses of water. No Y today. It was Son # 3's turn to be throwing up. Y-U-C-K!!!!

6 comments:

Kris said...

It is so hard when kids are sick.
You deserve to blush, you look great.

~Jennifer said...

Oh, I'll bet he did! It would make my day too, and it's a far cry from the most recent comment I have received from a young man which was, "Nice sweats, saddlebags." :-P

Chickadeeva said...

I got "I can see your back!" from an 8 year old who commented on my summer dress....WAAH!

Kris, you're adorable, and you look quite young actually. I think you could pass for 25.

Kristina said...

Oh, Jen! If I could somehow throttle that young man for you, I most certainly would! And, "saddle bags?" What the heck is he talking about?! When I saw you last, you looked great.
And Elicia, you look great too. Backs are meant to be seen in sun dresses. What the heck?
Thanks you girls for your comments.

Mom said...

That is so cool! I have noticed a lot more male attention. I was riding my bike, which resembles the bike that Miss Gulch rode on the Wizard of Oz and some fellow in a semi gave me quite a going over and a smile. I was floored. There was a guy in walmart too who did the same. Absolutely floored me. Don't tell my husband.

Chickadeeva said...

I think that one of the biggest challenges in my adult female life is learning how to handle male attention.

Just smile inside and keep a straight seems to work (with a laugh or two in the car or when I'm out of eyesight)