Saturday, July 14, 2007

Crunches and Pushups

Two of my absolutely least favorite exercises. I spent hours on the internet a couple of weeks ago trying to find exercises that would do what crunches do, without having to get on the floor and do crunches.

I finally realized that there really isn't anything that works the abs the way crunches do. So I researched the proper form so that I would not be hurting myself, then I got down and did a couple. I did a whopping five. But I did those five every day. I added pushups and did five of those too. I do "girl" push ups with bent knees. Each time it got easier to do them, I added a couple more in.

Today I did twenty crunches without it feeling hard. I went to thirty. I did twenty push ups and ten each of the oblique crunches.

I can see a big change in my abdomen since I started these. I am still very obese at 208, but I can see the start of a waist. Now I won't underestimate the power of crunches.

By the way, that 208 is two pounds down so far this week.

5 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Congrats on the crunches! And mega congrats on the pounds lost. Good job navigating the template, too!


Jules

Kristina said...

Way to go Jan! Dang girl, you're going to be in the 190's before you know it! It's such an amazing feeling to finally get out of the 200's. I was there for many years.
You just keep doing those crusnches and push ups. : )

~Jennifer said...

I would not say you are VERY obese, no, just obese (clinically speaking, as am I.) and not too far from merely overweight. :-)

Chickadeeva said...

Sometimes when my back can't handle crunches, I do leg lifts while lying on the floor on my back. It can be easier to get thru.

I like to do these on the floor while I'm watching TV at night. It seems to redeem the down time and I go to bed feeling as if I've done something good for myself.

Melissa said...

Good job! And it is a great feeling to break the 200's. You'll be there soon!