Monday, July 23, 2007

A part of a conversation that caught my attention...


I was at Safeway a couple of days ago, just picking up a few items, when I heard the voice of a woman behind me. And this is the only thing that I heard her say,' We're out of ice cream, we have to get some more...' Now, I didn't turn to see what this lady looked like, but I would bet that she was not a small woman. This little part of a conversation that I overheard, brought me back to a year and a half ago, when I, myself, had made special trips to the store for the soul purpose of getting only some icecream. I used to eat a large bowl every night, as did my husband. And at that point in time, that WAS one of our priorities.
It was a real eye opener for me, it reminded me of how much I have changed, and it made me really grateful. I used to eat soooo much junk! Not only would I eat it, but half of the time I would sneak it, because I was ashamed.
I'm so thankful that I no longer have to live with that shame. I feel as if I have a new lease on life, and I thank God.

Saturday: 1,720 calories, and 15 glasses of water. No Y today, we're dealing with the flu bug over here. : (

Sunday: 1,674 calories, and 15 glasses of water. I did 40 minutes of cardio, burning 555 calories, no weights today.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I think about how the amount of vegetables or water I consumed didn't concern me. I might go days and days with none of either!

Now, I'm constantly thinking of ways to work both into my diet.

Mom2the6Rs said...

Oh, Kristina....how far you have come. God is good.


Please call me. I need you.

Jules