Thursday, July 26, 2007

Continuing to push myself at the Y

Last week I came up with a way to change up my workout a little bit with the elliptical. I used to just push myself anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes, averaging 75 to 80 RPM's, for the duratiion of my work out. But then I decided to make it a bit harder by going strong for about two minutes, and than bearing down and holding onto the handles and running for a solid thirty seconds, and than repeating it over and over for a full 30 minute cycle, with my RPM's going anywhere from 105 to a 115, during my "running" time (which is pretty fast). Last night I actually got up to 119 RPM's. Anyhow, this morning I burned the most calories than I ever have on the elliptical. I burned 484 calories for a thirty minute time slot. It's just cool for me to see my improvements as I continue to push myself. I'm doing things that I never thought possible at this point and time in my life... it is VERY cool indeed. : )

Tuesday: 1,749 calories, and 17 glasses of water. I walked 2 miles on the treadmill, burning 176 calories, and lifted 43,000 pounds.

Wednesday: 1,725 calories, and 15 glasses of water. I did 1 hour and 40 minutes of cardio, burning 1,429 calories, and lifted 42,200 pounds. ( I made 2 trips to the Y today, I drug honey here tonight)

3 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Even with my pedometer, I still consider you a freak :-)

~Jennifer said...

You are speaking a completely different language. One I hope to master someday. ;-) You're doing great! I think the way you constantly challenge yourself is the key. Way to go!

Kris said...

I will challenge myself to constantly challenge myself. :)