Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Six months of successful maintainence!



I have kept off 70 lbs. for six solid months, now. What a great feeling that is! I was putting on some clothes I just purchased the other day, and I was overwhelmed with the feeling of pride I had, slipping into my size 10 pants and my size medium shirt. Where did those numbers come from??? Is that really me? Is that really my reality???? What a blessing to be here, in the land of "normal". Ideally, I would like to be at my goal, which is 20 lbs away, but I am happy to be where I am now, looking back at how far I have traveled. I think learning the skill of maintaining a weight loss is a great feat in and of itself and I am giving myself a pat on the back here....I will move on when I am ready, I guess. I will know when the right time to lose the last 20 will be, just like Kristina, it will become my focus and my passion. But for now, I am so happy to see how far I have come and to be thankful and diligent to keep all my accomplishments intact. I will never go back. Never.

Love you all,

Jules

6 comments:

Mom said...

From what I hear you have it made if you are doing so well into maintenance. What are you doing now that is different than when you were actively losing weight? Do you find that your plan has changed a lot or did you just tweak it? I am curious.

Kristina said...

Great post Jules. Great tone. You have done an amazing job maintaining your current weight. I think that maintaining may be even harder than continuing to lose. Because when you get to the point that you're feeling so good, it's much easier to allow yourself things that maybe you weren't before. You can get comfortable.
The general rule of thumb for me is that I allow myself something sugary or fattening ON OCCASSION, and not routinely. And I work my rear end off at the gym especially hard if I do allow myself some of those things.
I'm just so proud of you. And I'm so happy to be in the land of "normal" with you. I'm not going back either sister, NOOOOOOO way!!!

Lisa said...

Jules, you have accomplished so much and I am so proud of you. I find that keeping it off it just as hard (if not more so) than losing it, so your six month victory? Huge.

~Jennifer said...

You look so great! You've inspired me to get moving on my goal again because I want to look as great as you do. :-) The scale hasn't budged (unless you count up and down over the same 4 pounds) in a month for me. I can tell you it's because I've been indulging in a little (or a lot) stress eating.

Anonymous said...

Great job. I need to read through your story and the others that have been losing. I'm almost at the point of making my health the priority. I would like to say I already am, but I have not committed to the moving and that is what it will take for me.

Kris said...

You look great!!