Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Not Sure How to Feel About This

I'm cross-posting this from my own blog, but I thought it belonged here too.

One year ago (give or take a month) I posted my weight on this blog. At the time, it was my highest weight ever. Today, I weighed myself, and I weigh exactly what I weighed then. I've been losing weight since I started walking, and now I'm back to square one. I could pretend that I had a year where I didn't gain any weight and consider that a success, but the truth is after I posted my weight last year I started losing weight. Sort of.

I lost six pounds, and it took me three months to do so. Do you think perhaps I wasn't really all that serious about it? Clearly I still had some work to do within myself because after that 6 pound lost I proceeded to layer sixteen new pounds onto my frame. I really wish I hadn't done that. I really wish I had gotten serious last year. Can you imagine what I'd be doing right now? I'd be at my goal weight. Can you imagine how I would feel? I'm not sure I can imagine it. It's been so long.

Well, I could sit here and beat myself up, or I could tell myself that this time I am serious. This time I've learned that the only way to lose is to give up. I do not want to be sitting in front of this keyboard a year from now writing about how this time I'm really serious, weighing what I weigh now, or God forbid, more. I can't give up.

I'm going to post a new weight loss ticker at the bottom of my blog. If it disappears or stops moving it means I'm kidding myself again. Do me a favor if you see that happening and give me a kick in the butt. Tell me to go take a walk or lift some weights. You shouldn't have to do that for me. I hope you don't, but would you?


P.S. I am not set up to change settings for the template so I can't update my ticker, but here's the code for it.

post signature

5 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Jennifer, You are set up as an administrator on this blog...you can mess with the template if you like.

I had the same ah-ha moment a year plus ago with Kirsty Alley. I think I wrote about it here somewhere....anyway, today is a new day, do you have a plan? Do you have a path to follow? I know you are walking for breast cancer, but are you on an eating plan?

Jules

~Jennifer said...

I'm looking at the eat right for your type book right now, but otherwise I'm drinking my water, eating whole grains, adding more fruits and vegetables, not skipping meals, and trying to get a handle on my stress eating. I've been having some success there. As of today I've lost 10 pounds since Jan. 26th, when I started keeping track again. I started my ticker at today's weight, though because I couldn't bear to see 247.4 in black and white everyday. It's always hard to face a new high weight. :-P

~Jennifer said...

When I bring up the blogger dashboard, the only options I have are post a new post or manage posts. I can't access the template.

~Jennifer said...

Nevermind. I can't access the template from the dashboard like I can on my own blog, but I can get there from the edit posts option.

Kimberly B. said...

Jennifer, I never thought that I had the courage or disapline to do this specific weight loss plan, but I do. I am a wonderful person and I am worth it. And guess what, SO ARE YOU. I know that you will do this. Do it for yourself. You say that you don't want to be on this blog next year saying these same words. Only you can do it. I know that you can. I don't know you but I believe in you. We all need someone to be staight forword in our lives once in a while and I am telling you that I know that you can do it. I am looking at your picture right now taking to you and saying you can do it Jennifer.