Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Almost Week Three Report

My husband took the scale out for himself yesterday, and today I couldn't stand it. I succumbed to temptation and weighed myself. ( I had planned to wait until March.)

The good news is that in a little less than 3 weeks, I've lost 9 lbs. The bad news is that I still weight 7 lbs. more than I weighed last time I updated my ticker (which doesn't exist anymore, but I think it said I was down to 231 lbs.) I think that was all the way back in the summer, so since the average American gains 7lbs over the holidays I can just think of it as par for the course right? I'm trying to be positive when in truth I'm so mad that I let myself gain that 16 lbs in the first place! Oh well.

I am on track for the moment (not counting tonight's pizza dinner. Sigh.) Okay, my food choices are generally good with occasional slips, but I'm doing good in the exercise department, and my weight is going in the right direction.

I've had several bad days in a row, emotionally speaking, but I've kept walking. That is big progress for me. So, I'll forgive the bad food choices, they could have been worse, and I'll pat myself on the back for the hard work that allowed me to lose 9 lbs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to focus on the good news....that you've lost 9 lbs in 3 weeks WOW!!! and all the great changes you've made since you started...and have been doing it for 3 weeks already. You're on your way to a healthier you!!! What a great gift!! Congratulations!!! Woohoo!!!

Kristina said...

Oh Jennifer,
Look at what you've accomplished in less than three weeks!! Good for you girl.
I gained some weight over the holiday s too, so I DO understand. Just take it one day at a time and keep doing what you're doing. I'm proud of your progress!

BTW, you're only about 8 months older than me. : )

Kristina